Friday, July 17, 2009

Dragon

Yep as predicted I was able to fly and I wore the right shoes to do it in and flew to catch the streetcar and the music was blasting in my ears and I was moving at the speed of light how did I miss the streetcar stupid changing lights.
there's a drunk crazy guy on the streetcar who suddenly exclaims that the OPP should take a flying fuck at a roman donut. I don't know what he means but I know where that statement came from because I have that same space in my brain. And I smile and nod and that seems to make him feel better.
And I'm at the Cameron on the porch and it's funny and loud and laughing and I am the funniest of all and I get daring and dangerous and Dougall says I'm a force to be reckoned with and honey oh yes how reckonable I am, so we go inside and listen to Corin who is playing slow and softly and I'm suddenly in tears because it is a record lonesome night and I agree with every note that comes out of his mouth and he sings another song that says you can't treat me like that just cause I'm in love with you and I have to go back outside cause he's hitting too close and too hard.
It's crowded outside and I yell at the boys to stop taking up space and make some room for other people and if you want me to stay you better buy my a drink and Jonny does and I am all smiles and giggles and flirtatious looks and here's a hug here's two here's three but don't touch me back I may cry.
We plan a boozy brunch for the Fringe girls and I am still there enough not to invite the entire bar and suddenly it's dark and when did that happen? Where did the time go? Where is the day? When did the matinee become the late show? Paula and I have a sit down convo about how the fest went and how she's doing and she shakes her head a bit when I down my meds with a swallow of beer and says 'valley of the dolls' with the smile of a friend who knows that's probably not the best way to take meds but will watch out for me just in case. I'm batting a thousand tonight and we decide like ladies to go home and we pile into a cab and I get home and suddenly the sad and the mixed up come to life as I turn on the lights and I text someone that's how I feel because I think I want to talk about it, but then again i don't I don't want a voice I want someone to sit in silence and pat my hand as I cry and cry and don't understand why and then I stare silently and blankly at the darkness for a while and think about it all everything and nothing and I close the curtains and the windows and crank up the air conditioner so there will be cold dark quiet and maybe just maybe that will soothe the dragon enough to let me sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment