Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Back To Basics

Let's throw some basics up here for those who might stumble upon this.



Bipolar Disorder: An Information Guide

This guide is for people with bipolar disorder, their families and anyone who wants to understand the basics of this illness, its treatment and management. It should not replace treatment from a physician or mental health professional. It can be used, though, as a basis for asking about and discussing bipolar disorder. This handbook covers many aspects of bipolar disorder and common questions.

very helpful, very informative. Thanks CAMH.

Someone asked me a while ago why I read so many textbooks on BP and so many stories bout people with BP. I thought about it and I think that it's because it is something to cling to. Christians turn to their Bible in times of need or crisis, and I turn to information on BP. Or stories which help me feel less alone, or help me feel like I'm doing better that I feel like I am. "oh, yeah, I get that. I've done that. You did that?" it's very reassuring.

No comments:

Post a Comment