Friday, July 24, 2009

"don't pull on my hand, boy..."


Two shows tonight and an apartment viewing and a band and two shows tomorrow night, which follow a massive housecleaning and throwing out of stuff.

I wish I could stop and think. Someone who breaks into dance in Starbucks at 8:30 a.m. before she even GOT a coffee is not stopping and thinking about jack.

The barista laughingly said "what are you doing here you don't need a coffee!"

And I wanted to cry. Why not? I'm just dancing! I'm happy. But I danced instead. And dance walked to work, bouncing on my toes at stop signs. (that's a sign for me by the way, bouncing on my toes) And danced into the office and chair danced for three hours straight. Music blasting in my ears, same four songs on repeat - no surprises, no sudden movements. ANd I WORKED. I got SO much DONE in three hours. People were afraid to interrupt me because I was SO FOCUSED. SO INTENT. SO INTENSE.

Meeting a friend tonight to do a few things and she asked how much wine to bring and my response was, "as many as you can carry!"

Uh. that's not really a moderate response.

And I cried on Wednesday when I thought I was bottoming out, and I want to cry today because it's probably the exact opposite.

I want to stop and think but I do not want to stop and cry.

"..don't pull on my hand boy - you're not my man, boy - I just wanna dance boy..."

No comments:

Post a Comment