Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Someone Else's Words

out of her blog and into mine.

The Daily Living Manic Depressive Blog is another I've stumbled across and I am pretty sure it's a thank you owed to Susan. It's on the right hand side.

This particular blog post made me happy - well happy is an odd word - more a sigh of relief - well it would be a sigh of relief if I wasn't manic - it was more of a shriek of "testify!" It was the schedule of effects that struck me:
Went clubbing on the night of the 2 July.
Was manic on the 3 July.
Got somewhat depressed on the 4 July.
Fought to not get too depressed on the 5 July – mixed results.
Eventually restabilised today the 6 July.
All from one night of clubbing.

I TOTALLY GET THAT.

I have been all mixed up for about two weeks now, veering from high to low and back and forth sometimes within days, sometimes within hours. Too much sleep, not enough sleep. Too much food, not enough food. Too much booze, too many late night there's always something or somewhere I want to be see go to do. And that is part of the problem.
I work in the performing arts and am what is called a "city enthusiast". Consequently I could be out seven nights a week without thinking about it. From the 22nd to the 29th my schedule could look like this. We'll assume in an eight hour work day for Monday to Friday. Then we'll add in:
22 - afternoon barbeque and drinks in the evening
23 - MadMen dinner party
24 - library, dinner with friends
25 - book launch
26 - groceries, library, housecleaning, laundry. Finish writing applications.
27 - friend's band playing
28 - spa night with friends
29 - begin next round of applications. Friend's band playing.

How do you recover from a week like that?

i am like this. My friends are like this. It is a known fact that I "sneak out" of events - I will just pick up my coat and quietly leave, or else be roped into staying longer, later. Why do I do this?
Back to the blog post.

while everybody else would recover in one day, it can take me four days.

Sometimes it seems to daunting to even begin to recover and so I just keep going....
more later. Staff meeting and I'm losing focus.

six hours later.

you know what? I'm manic. 3/4 there. I am home, I am safe, but I need to go do a few things to get myself back on track. I will finish this article later, I can barely focus enough to type. Sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment