Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Better



I am a bit better today.
I'm glad I am starting to be able to pinpoint what triggers me, or throws me off. I used to tell a friend it was like when you slip and fall on the ice - and have no idea what happened - one moment you're walking along and talking and the next minute you're on your ass on the ground, wondering what happened and how you got there.
I'm getting better at seeing the ice.
Good food today, structure, meds, vitamins, walking, self-care. Small blog.
Better.
I think and hope we've finally figured out the balance for my meds - I am and always have been super-sensitive to medication of any kind. When I was a child, the pharmacist would send my mom home with 5 of whatever to see if I was going to tolerate it before she bought an entire scrip.
Wish I could do that now - I have bottles of meds that didn't suit me in the cupboard - I'm thinking of making one of those mosaic coffee table tops...since all my pills have been shades of red, pink, lavendar and orange it would match my living room... :)
We shall see. I know I feel better. I feel on top of things at work, and in control and my boss has noticed and commented in a positive way.
Keep working little pills, and I'll keep doing the work I need to do.

3 comments:

  1. Good for you. I'm medication resistant and over a ten year period took 25 different medications in different combinations and dosages. A very little goes a long way with me and I remember opening a capsule to count out the little dot-like things inside.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's a lot of work - but I also am keeping in mind what you said in your blog about focusing on "wellness". I think that's what matters. Too often in all parts of life we fixate too much on what the problem is, rather than how we are fixing the problem. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I couldn't agree more. And I like your attitude. The BIPS I know who are well--or mostly well--share our point of view.

    ReplyDelete