Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Head Above Water


Other blogs have had extraordinarily well-timed posts these past couple of days. Susan over at BiPolar Wellness Writer writes about how to write about trauma. Therese over at Beyond Blue writes about how sleep is sanity, and more importantly has links I can follow to her mega meltdowns.
I first found Therese by accident, seeing her video Me on the Bad Days, and oh how I could identify.
I am feeling better. Do really cold showers make anyone else feel better? It's like they calm me down, cool me off, both figuratively and literally.
My focus is better. I managed to get up on time today.
I have not cried. Or panicked. Much.
Doctor tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Actually, I don't like cold showers, but I read that they help depression. So...I have one of those hand-held shower massage units in my bathroom, and every morning when I'm almost done in the shower, I turn it to cold and spray my head and feet, and it's quite effective!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really is - once you get past the "punishing' aspect of it!

    ReplyDelete